David ‘Gator’ Gately has provided his full tips and race-by-race ratings for Feehan Stakes Day the Cox Plate qualifier at Moonee Valley Racing Club, on Saturday September 3rd.
The Group 2 Feehan Stakes along with the Group 2 McEwen Stakes are the feature races on the nine-race card. The Feehan and McEwen Stakes are well supported by the Listed Chautauqua Stakes and Atlantic Jewel Stakes. The first race at The Valley begins at 12.30pm and should be a great day of racing.
All ratings for MOONEE VALLEY are for SOFT track.
The Rail is back in the TRUE. We have had two meetings back since March and the rail has been out 3m and 5m, so there is this protected ground inside. Doubt it will be any disadvantage using those inside lanes, especially early on. If we get rain on Raceday maybe it chops out a little but watch and monitor if possible.
BEST OF THE DAY*
MOONEE VALLEY – Race 8 No.5 – UNCLE BRYN – Terrific trial before good return in G2 Lawrence when out of his ratings at WFA. His sectionals home were very similar to Mr Brightside (he ran well) and fitter to 1600m and back to Hcp with 54kg looks keys. Keen run well.
BEST VALUE BET OF THE DAY**
MOONEE VALLEY – Race 6 No.4 – LADY LAGUNA – Good return when up on strong speed in high-rating Quezette Stks and held on for 4th (trifecta all swooped). Solid third to star 2yo Fireburn 2nd-up last prep. Likes jar out and fitter, with softer run here she can win, and looks value $8 early?
BEST EACH-WAY BET OF THE DAY***
MOONEE VALLEY – Race 7 No.4 – RANGES – Wide no cover yet still beat all-bar gun Uncommon James at Caulfield. Now draws in (and gets rails trial ??). Beat Ranch Hand fair and square EFM in June too. Soft track only bonus. Tough race but $9 looks some overs.
David Gately Moonee Valley Tips
Race 1 – Ladbrokes Handicap – 1500m
- 2 – MAJOR BEEL – Jumped to 1300m start two and beat Manzoice then that 3yo turned tables on this guy at Rosehill when this sat up on strong speed, he fought hard when collared and fancy tempo of 1500m here will really suit him. He split a few handy horses there too.
- 5 – RED SUN SENSATION – Good debut in April (one of days faster last 200m splits) then fresh into maiden win latest from the tail, his maiden rated better than key rival here Elegant Diva that day, and rated well Vs older horses too.
- 1 – CASTILLIAN
- 8 – DISTRUBIA
Race 2 – Powerflo Solutions Handicap – 2040m
- 6 – MOHICAN HEIGHTS – Wide too soon Flemington 2nd-up and kept closing (good effort/ Mankayan 2nd then won here) before chasing in-form horse latest in slick time. Drops 54kg and maps for good trail. $6 the value in an even race maybe?
- 8 – PRIX DE TURN – Back/ Held-up just as winner Jimmy The Bear was getting away here fresh, he found room and ran home race-fastest last 200m, winner then ran very well Vs older horses in Listed Heatherlie last week. This guy won G2 Alister Clark this track/ trip in Spring.
- 4 – DESERT ICON
- 9 – HARMYSIAN
- 3 – IRISH FLAME
Race 3 – Inglis Ready2race Sale October 11 Plate – 1200m
- 11 – MERIDIUS – Resumes. Home hard at debut then beat Atmosphere at Sale, that rose then beat McKenzie Stks winner here Fast Witness. Jumped out well. Blinkers first time here. Even race and have to think $12 he is the ‘’overs’’ here?
- 2 – MILLANE – Very good return from him running home in sizzling 10.96 last 200m (equal-fastest of day with smart Giga Kick) and fitter with extra 100m here big ticks. Just not sure where they get too from gate 10 is all but very wary.
- 4 – SHALAMAN
- 8 – AMENABLE
- 6 – LATVIAN
Race 4 – Group 2 Clamms Seafood Feehan Stakes – 1600m
- 2 – MR BRIGHTSIDE – Had right run fresh but won G2 Lawrence at WFA. Simply never runs poorly and handles any track, any tempo. Bullet-proof.
- 6 – INSPIRATIONAL GIRL – Resumes. Jumped out well. Ran home every bit as well as I’m Thunderstruck fresh last prep in G1 Orr Stks then beat Zaaki, and Mr Brightside in G2 Blamey.
- 4 – EARLSWOOD
- 1 – SPANISH MISSION
Race 5 – Group 2 Mitty’s Mcewen Stakes – 1000m
- 2 – IN THE CONGO – Resumes. Excellent fresh last prep with 56kg as 3yo riding a hot speed in a G1 Galaxy and only worn down late. Trialling very well into his 4yo season and fancy tracks speedster Zoustyle here.
- 7 – COOLANGATTA – Resumes. Sole defeat was her very good Slipper run on very wet. Looks to have come back in great order off the jump outs, and has 50kg as new season 3yo filly.
- 3 – ROTHFIRE
- 4 – ZOUSTYLE
- 5 – AWAY GAME
Race 6 – Listed Musk Creek Farm Atlantic Jewel Stakes – 1200m
- 4 – LADY LAGUNA – Good return when up on strong speed in high-rating Quezette Stks and held on for 4th (trifecta all swooped). Solid third to star 2yo Fireburn 2nd-up last prep. Likes jar out and fitter, with softer run here she can win, and looks value $8 early?
- 3 – I’MLOVIN’YA – Back held-up touch then strong to line in that Quezette (pipped Lady Laguna for third) and step to 1200m very much in her favour. Won Talindert her only other 2nd-up run. Sits closer here from gate? Go well.
- 5 – BOOGIE DANCER
- 6 – TROACH
Race 7 – Listed Bendigo Bank Chautauqua Stakes – 1200m
- 4 – RANGES – Wide no cover yet still beat all-bar gun Uncommon James at Caulfield. Now draws in (and gets rails trial ??). Beat Ranch Hand fair and square EFM in June too. Soft track only bonus. Tough race but $9 looks some overs.
- 15 – GRAVINA – Resumes. He is very good on his day and can run a big last 600m/ overall time number. Gave Taksu 6kg and sailed by him fresh last prep. Trial behind In The Congo was terrific too. Yes wet. Value also $11 !?!?
- 8 – PRINCE OF BOOM
- 7 – CORNER POCKET
- 17 – KALLOS
- 5 – WANDABAA
Race 8 – Drummond Golf Handicap – 1600m
- 5 – UNCLE BRYN – Terrific trial before good return in G2 Lawrence when out of his ratings at WFA. His sectionals home were very similar to Mr Brightside (he ran well) and fitter to 1600m and back to Hcp with 54kg looks keys. Keen run well.
- 6 – MILITARY EXPERT – Tough win fresh beating El Rocko on same day as G2 Lawrence (both races were at 1400m). Now, his race was run around 3L slower overall (off near identical 1st-800m) but he had 58kg, and, Uncle Bryn was beaten just under 3L in that Lawrence so…. Hmmmm
- 11 – MAYFAIR SPIRIT
- 8 – THE AMAZONIAN
- 9 – SHOT OF IRISH
- 7 – ROUSSEAU
Race 9 – PFD Food Services Handicap – 1600m
- 13 – POUNDING – Strong to line fresh in good time then too wet Bendigo. Fancy 1600m is his best trip and drawn to get rails trail in running here… on better track! Good value hope $12 early.
- 15 – UNUSUAL CULTURE – Too far forward fresh. Too far back 2nd-up. Way back and wide turning Caulfield latest yet ran home as well as last weeks winner Spanish Tides. McNeil takes over and bet they settle closer. Good hope.
- 1 – HE’S OUR BONNEVAL
- 4 – GLOBAL GIFT
- 7 – UNANIMOUS
- 14 – PASSIONE
Don’t forget, along with Gator’s Caulfield Tips you can hear the great man alongside Deane Lester and Warren Huntly on The Melbourne Form Panel on RSN927AM each Saturday morning between 8am-9am.
Gately also sticks around between 9am-10am for The Interstate Hour providing his Sydney Preview.
Tune in live on Saturday morning to get the best selections and Racing Tips for each feature Saturday from the best Tipsters on Radio!